Ingredients to make meringues (2 to 4 servings)
120mls chickpea liquid – aquafaba
150g white sugar
Ingredients for assembly
1 punnet of fresh strawberries
1 punnet of raspberries
500mls COYO Dairy Free Vanilla Custard
Instructions for Vegan Pavlovas (or you can buy them ready made)
1. Separate the chickpeas from their liquid by draining through a sieve. Once the liquid is separate, refrain the liquid back again through the sieve to remove any smaller debris.
2. Next, whisk the aquafaba with an electric beater on high for approximately 5 minutes, to create a fluffy and thick white foam.
3. Continue whisking while slowly adding 2 tablespoons of sugar at a time, until all sugar has been whisked in, then continue to whisk for a further two minutes. Using a timer is a good idea!
4. Preheat your oven to 90 degrees.
5. Line a baking tray with baking paper and spoon heaped tablespoons onto the tray in cup sized pieces. Bake for approximately an hour or more depending on size and dryness desired, but don’t be tempted to open the oven.
6. Once ready remove and allow to completely cool
Take your cups on the bench and simply layer all the parts in any order you like! We layered in this order: Pavlova, berries, lemon curd, passionfruit, orange, custard, more pavlova, berries, orange, passionfruit and topped with edible flowers! It’s soooooo easy and incredible