6-8 pears (any variety, peeled)
4 tbsp hibiscus tea, we used Love Tea
4 orange peels
1/4 cup orange juice
4 tbsp of panela
2 tsp of cinnamon
8-10 cups water
COYO Vanilla Bean Coconut Yoghurt
Optional – You can also add 2-3 star anise if you like that flavour
1. In a medium sized pot, add all ingredients except the peeled pears and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer, stirring till well combined. You can adjust the flavour at this point, adding more of what you like. Then place your pears into the pot and leave to cook until soft and tender.
2. Once pears are soft, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. Allow pears to cool and transport to a jar or bowl and cover in the poaching liquid overnight, the longer you soak them the brighter and deeper the colour and flavour will penetrate the pear.
4. Once you are happy with your soaking time, you can warm them up or serve them cold.
5. To serve, dollop a bed of our thick and creamy Vanilla Bean Coconut Yoghurt, slice the pears in half and place on top. Drizzle the citrusy sweet syrup over the top and sprinkle with fresh orange zest. In the morning you can gently warm them up again and have them for breakfast, snack, dessert!
6. *Tip – you can reduce the poaching liquid down further with a bit more panela (or coconut sugar) to make a thicker version of the syrup, and store that also! It’s so good!