Ingredients for the Crepes
3 1/3 cups plant based milk
2/3 cup water
6 large eggs
6 tbspn coconut sugar
3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tbspn vanilla
1 tspn kosher salt
6 tbspn unsalted butter, melted
Ingredients for the Filling
2 tbspn of maple syrup
500g COYO Natural Coconut Yoghurt
500g COYO Mango Coconut Yoghurt
Ingredients to Decorate
Fresh seasonal fruit, we used mango!
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Mix together eggs, milk, oil and water in another bowl. Slowly whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until there are no more lumps. Let the batter rest in the fridge for an hour.
2. Heat an 20cm nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Pour in a little less than 1/4 cup of batter and swirl to cover the whole pan. Allow to cook for 15-20 seconds, until the edges get slightly brown and crisp. Flip and cook for another 15 seconds. Remove from pan and allow to cool on a baking sheet or wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter. You should get around 23-25 crepes. Set aside to cool.
3. Peel your mangoes and finely slice.
4. Next, open your COYO Yoghurt tubs and mix in 1 tbspn of maple syrup into each tub, you can add more to taste if you want the yoghurt filling sweeter. This recipe is also great using 2 tubs of Mango Yoghurt, for a sweeter finish! Place a small smear of yoghurt on your cake stand or cake plate, and then place the first crepe on the stand. The smear of yoghurt will keep the crepe in place so that the cake does not slide around as you assemble it!
5. Next, add COYO Mango Yoghurt on top of the first layer. Use a spatula to spread the yoghurt around evenly and layer a few slices of mango. Repeat this step again with COYO Natural Yoghurt and then keep repeating, alternating flavours for each layer until desired height is achieved.
6. Top the top layer with a layer of whipped COYO (see recipe for Whipped Coconut Yoghurt and Summer Fruit) and garnish with additional mango or seasonal fruit. Place in the fridge until ready to serve and serve chilled.