CO YO Tzatziki Ingredients
1 cup CO YO Natural Yoghurt
1/2 Lebanese Cucumber (seeded & grated)
2 large Garlic Cloves (peeled, crushed and finely chopped)
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Fresh Dill (finely chopped)
Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
Roast Eggplant Ingredients
4-6 Small Italian Eggplants, depending on how many people you’re serving (sliced in half)
To make the dressing
1. Mix the CO YO, cucumber, garlic, lemon juice and dill in a bowl until well combined.
2. Add some salt and pepper to taste. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
Roast the eggplant
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200ºC.
2. Using the tip of a knife, slice the flesh of the eggplant in a diamond cross-hatch pattern, by making two or three long cuts (being careful not to slice all the way through) in one direction, and then another set of similar cuts in the opposite direction.
3. Salt the cut side of the eggplants generously. The salt will help to pull out some of the moisture from the eggplant. Set aside for 20-30 minutes, then pat them dry.
4. Place the eggplants on a lined baking tray (cut side up) and lather them with olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
5. Before serving, dress the eggplants with the COYO Tzatziki and a sprinkle of fresh dill. Enjoy!