4 ripe Bananas (keep one to put on top)
1 cup Egg Whites (including 2 whole eggs)
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil (melted)
2-3 tablespoons Stevia (or Rice Malt Syrup)
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
1/2 cup CO YO Natural Coconut Yogurt
1 teaspoon Fresh Ginger (finely chopped)
1 cup Coconut Flour
2 tablespoons Ground Flaxseed (or LSA)
1 teaspoon Gluten Free Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Powder
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 cup Walnuts (chopped)
Caramelised Figs Ingredients
10 sliced Fresh Figs
4 tablespoons Coconut Oil
2 tablespoons Coconut Sugar
7 tablespoons CO YO Yoghurt
3 teaspoon Cinnamon Honey (to drizzle)
1. Pre-heat oven to 175º C (not fan forced).
2. Combine the wet ingredients together in one bowl. In another, combine the dry ingredients. Then mix the two together into a batter. Slowly fold the walnuts through.
3. Line a 22 x 12 cm rectangular loaf tin with baking paper, lightly oil the base and sides (with coconut oil) and pour the mixture in. Slice the remaining banana down the middle and place on top of the mixture.
4. Bake for 45 mins at 175º C. It’s ready when it feels bouncy to touch. Let it cool once you’ve taken it out of the oven as it will continue to cook.
Note: Best kept in the fridge for up to 1 week, or you can freeze it and heat it up as you go.
Caramelised Figs Directions
1. Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
2. Toss the figs in the coconut oil and sprinkle with coconut sugar.
3. Place the figs in the pan, cut side down. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Remove the pan from the heat and let it stand for 2 minutes.
4. To serve, slice the Banana Loaf as desired and generously spread with CO YO; then top with the figs, a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of Cinnamon.