Frequently Asked Questions
OUR ASSURANCE TO OUR CUSTOMERS
At COYO, we pride ourselves in creating award-winning, organic, dairy free coconut yoghurts and ice creams. In Australia, our products are manufactured in a facility that has not had dairy in it, and uses a recipe with no dairy containing ingredients, ensuring all COYO products are dairy free. We are a family owned business and honesty, integrity and transparency are at the core of what we do. We understand that many of our customers rely heavily on us to be uncompromising and absolute in delivering to our promised quality and safety standards.
Our Sunshine Coast-based production facility has proudly retained Grade A certification to the BRCGS Global Food Safety Standard, which has set the international safety benchmark for more than 25 years and is the most widely accepted international third-party scheme by specifiers, brands and retailers. This certification, combined with our stringent quality control and our clear labelling policy, ensures our Australian COYO customers have enjoyed our products with confidence for more than a decade. We use independently certified laboratory testing recognised and endorsed by government, to maintain regular, rigorous testing of both ingredients and end products in Australia, ensuring they are dairy free and meet the highest food safety standards.
We will strongly defend the unfounded allegations regarding misleading and deceptive conduct and breaches of the licence agreement, made by Planet Coconut, COYO’s former licensee in the United Kingdom. We are also seeking redress from Planet Coconut by way of a separate action which is currently before the Supreme Court. We look forward to a successful outcome in respect of this action.
We thank our Australian customers for their ongoing support as we continue to supply our loyal fans with the COYOâ products they have come to love and trust.
- Are COYO products dairy free?
- We can assure our customers that all COYO products are dairy free. COYO prides itself on its integrity as a responsible food manufacturer that uses independent certified laboratory testing, maintaining regular, rigorous testing of both ingredients and end products in Australia to ensure they are dairy free and meet the highest food safety standard.
- Recent media coverage quoted COYO representatives as saying products could be marketed as ‘dairy free’, even if they contained small traces of dairy. Is this true and does it apply to COYO products?
- As part of COYO’s defence, our lawyers have pointed out that within the broader industry, the term ‘dairy-free’ has no legal meaning. This relates to a separate technical legal issue regarding whether there was an implied term in the licence agreement. It doesn’t relate to COYO’s use of ‘dairy-free’ on COYO products. We can assure our customers that all Australian COYO products are dairy free, as they are manufactured in a facility that has not had dairy in it and use a recipe that has no dairy containing ingredients. COYO prides itself on its integrity as a responsible food manufacturer that uses independent certified lab testing, maintaining regular rigorous testing of both ingredients and end products in Australia to ensure they are dairy free and meet the highest food safety standard.
- Does COYO Australia use the same stabiliser that was flagged as potentially containing traces of dairy in the UK?
- COYO ceased using the Australian version of this stabiliser in early 2017, and stopped dealing with the stabiliser manufacturer in late 2017. COYO has never used the UK version of the stabiliser in its Australian products.