Creamy, crunchy and caffeinated! These little guys pack a real flavour punch for coffee lovers. Silky smooth COYO Coco Latte dairy free Coconut Ice Cream, a top a crunchy sweet coffee flavoured base. So simple to make you can whip up a batch for your Christmas get togethers with friends in no time. These pretty little bars are sure to impress!
1 x 500mL COYO Coco Latte Coconut Ice Cream
1 cup almonds
4-5 Medjool Dates, pitted
1 tablespoon instant coffee
1 tablespoon coconut oil, room temperature
1 tablespoon brewed coffee, cooled or plant based milk
1. Line mini loaf tins or 8” round springform pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Remove COYO from freezer and sit at room temperature for approximately 30 minutes to thaw, depending on how warm the day is.
3. In your food processor combine, almonds, dates, instant coffee and coconut oil. Process to combine until a fine crumb forms.
4. Add cooled coffee or milk and process until a ball of dough forms. Mix should hold when pressed between your thumb and forefinger.
5. Empty the mix into your lined tin and press down firmly to create the base. If using a mini loaf tin use 2 teaspoons of mixture in each well pressing down firmly and around the edges to create each base.
6. Empty the COYO into a small bowl and stir to smooth and loosen ice cream. It should be just pourable. Using a tablespoon fill the remixing space in each well with ice cream or pour entire contents into 8” round tin. Using a spoon or spatula smooth the surface of the cake(s).
7. Place in the freezer for 1 hour to set. Remove from freezer and serve immediately.
8. You can decorate the tops of your cake with crushed coffee beans, chocolate curls or COYO coconut yoghurt.