Ice cream cake is such a feel good treat and these little mini's are no exception!
The perfect size for sharing these creamy, crunchy delights are a favourite recipe to keep in the freezer as a quick and healthy alternative to traditional ice cream cakes.
The light summer flavours of Strawberry, Hibiscus, Banana and Wattle seed are accentuated by a lightly spiced crunchy macadamia base that ties the flavours together beautifully. Top this stunning dessert with COYO coconut yoghurt and a dash of cardamom to serve and make the flavours truly shine. Happy cooking!
And as always, don't forget to #coyo when creating your own foodie delights.
1 x 500G COYO Strawberry & Wild Hibiscus
1 x 500G COYO Banana & Roasted Wattleseed
1 cup Macadamia Nuts
1 cup Shredded Coconut
1/4 Coconut Oil, melted
2 tablespoons Coconut Nectar or liquid sweeter of choice
1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
The yield of 4 Cardamom pods or 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cardamon* Optional
2 teaspoons freshly grated Ginger or 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger* Optional
Pinch of sea salt
1 tablespoon Water, if needed
1. Remove Ice Creams from Freezer and thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. Line a 6 hole Texas Muffin tin or a 8” Round Springform pan with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Add the Macadamias and Shredded Coconut to your food processor and pulse until a fine crumb forms.
4. Add the Coconut oil, Coconut nectar, Cardamom, Ginger, Vanilla and Sea salt and process until mix holds together and forms a dough like ball. If necessary you can add a tablespoon of water and pulse to bring mixture together.
5. If making individual cakes use 1/4 cup of mixture per cake/muffin well. If making 8” round empty entire contents into your lined cake tin.
Pressing firmly with your hands or the back of a spoon, press mix into the bottom the the tin(s) creating an even base layer.
6. In small bowl empty the Strawberry & Hibiscus ice cream and mix with a spoon or spatula until combined, smooth and just pourable.
7. Fill half of the remaining space in each muffin well or pour entire content over the 8”cake base. Spread evenly with spatula and place in freezer for 15 minutes to set.
8. Repeat the process with the Banana & Roasted Wattleseed ice cream. Pour thawed ice cream into a small bowl and mix well, making just pourable. Top off cakes, filling the remaining space in the wells or pour entirely over your 8” cake tins strawberry base.
9. Return to the freezer and set for a minimum of 30 minutes prior to serving.
NOTES: Adding the spices to the base is optional, feel free to omit if you don't have these on hand. To dress this cake up further you can fold through fresh chopped fruit into your ice cream.Try adding a 1/4 cup of chopped fresh strawberries and a 1/4 cup chopped banana into your ice cream mix before pouring each layer.
Top with additional fresh fruit and COYO vanilla bean yoghurt for the perfect dessert treat.